The Department of General Medicine has become a regional centre of excellence in the treatment of complicated medical disorders. The presence of all the major subspecialties enables the department to provide comprehensive care to a patient with multiple problems without fragmentation of care and with the ability to optimize medical treatment, thus improving quality of life. The Department has a host of facilities such as well-equipped Medical Intensive Care Unit and Critical Care Unit with advanced facilities for the management of common Medical Emergencies.
Clinical Facilities/ Services/ Procedures:
- Fully equipped Medical Intensive Care Unit with Ventilator facilities
- Diabetic Care centre
- Specially trained treatment of all types of poisoning including organophosphorous, over dosage of drugs etc.
- Specialized Services in Communicable Disease: Dengue, Leptospirosis etc,
- Medical Intensive Care, High dependency intensive care
- Evaluation of PUO
- Evaluation and treatment of multi-system diseases
- Critical Care Unit and Services for Medical Emergencies
- Diagnosis, treatment and follow up of diabetes, blood pressure, lipid disorders, etc.
- Diagnosis, treatment and prevention of infectious diseases
- Emphasis on Prophylaxis including adult vaccination
- Comprehensive Health Checkup