Department of Neurology of St. James Hospital provides comprehensive consultative services, diagnostic testing and treatment for a broad spectrum of neurological conditions, including diseases of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles. The neurology experts at our neurology centre offer a detailed and comprehensive consultation, evaluation, clinical diagnostic studies and neurological treatment at the international standards.
Services offered are
- 24 hrs Head injury & Spinal Trauma Care
- Micro Neurosurgery for all intracranial and spinal tumours
- Microvasular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia.
- Excision of acoustic neuromas and other CP angle meningiomas.
- Surgery for congenital malformation including craniosynostosis, Chiari malformations, syringomyedia, myelo meningocoeles, atlanto axial dislocation, basilar invagination.
- Surgery for peripheral nerve entrapment.
- Surgery for spinal canal stenosis, spondylolisthesis and intervertebral disc prolapse (including microlumbar discectomy)
- Cervical micro discectomy and instrumentation
- Surgery for Neurotrauma (Head injury and spine injury).
- 15 bedded Neuro-Surgical Intensive-Care Unit with Invasive and Non- Invasive Monitoring like Intracranial Pressure Monitoring, Invasive Blood Pressure Measurement, Pulse Oximeter, Ventilators, Volumetric Infusion Pumps etc.
- Neuro-Surgical Operation Theatre equipped with ZEISS Operating Microscope, Midas Rex Drill System, whole range of micro instruments for Micro-Vascular Surgery of Brain