Diet is an important factor in the prevention and treatment of diseases such as coronary artery diseases, renal diseases, diabetes mellitus , cancer, hypertension etc. The aim of dietary modification is to reduce risk of diseases and to control body weight.
St.James hospital, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics take care of the nutrition needs of patients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains standards of food production and service, sanitation, safety and security
- Inspects wheather the food is served according to the patients health condition and diet prescription
- Outpatient diet consultation as per prescription by doctor or by directly after payment
- Everyday visiting the inpatient at the particular wards and rooms and diet counseling after checking chart of the patient to getting the information and current investigations
- We assess the nutritional condition of the patient and collect the diet pattern also. Then give diet counseling and provide diet chart to follow instructions